I'm here to save YOU money. My name is Kristina and I want to give you the most up-to-date saving tips and ideas.

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Gluten Free Pizza

Gluten Free Pizza

>Mid-Week Meals


I was talking last week about how much I love Pizza. My sister is law was with me and I mentioned to her that I had this gluten intolerance and I need to start making sure I eat only gluten free things... Pizza is my weakness and I have yet to try a recipe for this. So today is the day. BUT what I am going to do is I am going to give you the recipe of someone who I love... He is the founder of the Gluten Free Mall. Hi name is Scott Adams. He is phenomenal! 

Check out his recipe and tell me what you think:


Dry Ingredients:

3 cups Brown Rice Flour
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ teaspoon Knox Gelatin.
1 teaspoon onion salt or regular salt
2 ¾ teaspoons guar gum
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 package gluten-free Rapid Rise yeast 


Wet Ingredients:
1 ½ cups warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 mixing bowls 


Directions:

In a small bowl or measuring cup mix ½ teaspoon brown sugar into ½ cup warm water until dissolved, add package dry yeast and set aside. In another mixing bowl add all dry ingredients and set aside. Then take 1 cup warm water 2 tablespoons olive oil and place in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together, add a little of dry ingredients until smooth, add in yeast mixture and whisk until smooth, then add remaining ingredients and work until forms a ball, place on a flour surface and kneed until no longer sticky (adding more flour as needed). Place into a lightly greased mixing bowl cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour. Roll out with rolling pin onto lightly greased pizza pan or pans of your choice, poke dough with fork and place into a pre-heated 375F oven and let bake 5-7 minutes or until soft to touch. Remove from oven and place on sauce and topping then return to oven and bake at 425F until cheese is melted or golden brown. 


Pretty easy eh? Well I can tell you he has a lot of fun nifty ideas :D

I hope you enjoyed it. All the best!!! Stay gluten free ;) 

With Love:
ME! 


http://www.celiac.com/articles/21561/1/Gluten-Free-Pizza-Crust-Not-Cardboard/Page1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment